Sometimes children's book award lists seem like books that adults think kids should read, but the Children's Choice Book Awards are all about books that kids want to read. And while the finalists may be selected by adults, it's the kids who read the nominated books and vote for the winners.
Take a look at this year's finalists in each category and make sure to vote for your favorites by April 25th at ccbookawards.com. Winners will be announced during Children's Book Week (May 2-8).
Categories by grade are below, and you can see all the finalists, including those for the Children's Debut Author, Children's Illustrator, and Teen Debut Author awards here.
- Clark the Shark: Afraid of the Dark by Bruce Hale
- The Little Shop of Monsters by R.L. Stine
- Sick Simon by Dan Krall
- Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry
- To the Sea by Cale Atkinson
- Escape from the Lizzarks (Nnewts: Book 1) by Doug TenNapel
- Fort by Cynthia DeFelice
- Funny Bones: Posada and His Day of the Dead Calaveras by Duncan Tonatiuh
- I’m Trying To Love Spiders by Bethany Barton
- Monkey and Elephant and a Secret Birthday Surprise by Carole Lexa Schaefer
- Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman
- Hilo Book 1: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth by Judd Winick
- Saved By the Bell by Joelle Sellner
- The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett
- Tom Gates: Everything’s Amazing (Sort Of) by Liz Pichon
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer
- Subscribe to The Amazon Book Review for our picks of best books of the month, author interviews, reading recommendations, and more from the Amazon Books editors