As 2019 draws to a close, we look back on the year in mysteries, thrillers & suspense. There have been a few big new names introduced this year, and the big old names didn't do so bad for themselves either. So if you're looking for a fun and/or chilling read, we highlight some of our favorites.
Plus, Seira Wilson talks to Leigh Bardugo about the best-selling The Ninth House, Bardugo's first novel for adults.
- Listen on TuneIn.
- Listen on iTunes.
- Was it a good year for mysteries & thrillers? (0:45)
- The big debut of the year. (1:48)
- Another interesting debut. (2:00)
- The big authors. (2:40)
- The New Girl by Daniel Silva (2:55)
- What we are looking forward to in 2020. (3:24)
- The best book of the decade (according to Entertainment Weekly.(4:30)
- Book we really liked this year (6:37)
- The Whisper Man by Alex North. (6:40)
- A Better Man by Louise Penny. (8:03)
- The Chain by Adrian McKinty (11:18)
- A Friend Is a Gift You Give Yourself by William Boyle. (12:15)
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. (14:47)
- Can you reread mysteries? (16:20)
- Is it real, or is it from a book? (16:40)
- Seira Wilson talks to Leigh Bardugo. (20:20)
Here are some highlights:
Sarah, Seira, Vannessa, and Chris discuss the Best Mysteries & Thrillers of 2019 + Leigh Bardugo
You might also like:
Subscribe to the Amazon Book Review, featuring picks for the best books of the month, author interviews, reading recommendations, and more from the Amazon Books editors.