The nominees have been announced for the 2013 Hugo Award for excellence in science fiction, as voted on by the members of the World Science Fiction Convention. The full ballot can be found here, and the finalists for best novel are:
- 2312, Kim Stanley Robinson (Orbit)
- Blackout, Mira Grant (Orbit)
- Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance, Lois McMaster Bujold (Baen)
- Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas, John Scalzi (Tor)
- Throne of the Crescent Moon, Saladin Ahmed (DAW)
Over 1,100 nominating ballots were cast in the novel category. The winners will be revealed at the World SF Convention, Lonestar Con, in early September.
Omni would love to know: Which of these five novels is your favorite? Is there a novel not listed that you would have liked to see on the ballot?