Buying a new cookbook is always a little daunting for me. Pictures can make any dish look delicious, but I'm hesitant to invest in a cookbook if I don't know how challenging (or tasty) the recipes are going to be.
That's why I love the idea of getting a taste of a cookbook before buying it. We've made this easy by posting sample recipes culled from some of our cookbook gems. Here are just a few that I can't wait to try:
- Maple Walnut and Fig Bread from Amy's Bread
- Chicken Parmesan Heroes from The Italian Slow Cooker
- Creamy Vanilla Bread Pudding from Stir
- Cool Mint Patties from Allergy-Free Desserts
And, one of my tried-and-true favorites from a couple of years ago:
- Ina Garten's Baked Sweet Potato "Fries" (Trust me--they're just as delicious as they look.)